Call for Papers
We encourage original submissions to different paper categories related to, but not limited to, the following indoor positioning/navigation and location based system topics:
- User Requirements
- Hybrid IMU Pedestrian Navigation & Foot Mounted Navigation
- Human Motion Monitoring
- High Sensitivity GNSS, Indoor GNSS, Pseudolites
- RTK GNSS with handheld devices
- Mitigating GNSS errors prior to moving indoors
- Self-contained sensors
- Signal Strength Based Methods, Fingerprinting
- UWB (Ultra-wideband)
- Passive & Active RFID
- Optical Systems
- Ultrasound Systems
- TOF, TDOA based Localization
- Localization, Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Frameworks for Hybrid Positioning
- Industrial Metrology & Geodetic Systems, iGPS
- Radar Systems
- Mapping, SLAM
- Indoor Spatial Data Model & Indoor Mobile Mapping
- Novel uses of maps and 3D building models
- Magnetic Localization
- Innovative Systems
- Location Privacy
- Applications of Location Awareness & Context Detection
- Health and Wellness Applications
Types of Submissions
Authors are invited to submit high-quality technical papers reporting original work, neither previously published nor currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Authors can consider two types of submissions:
- Regular Papers (limited to 8 double - column pages and preferably for oral presentation)
- Work-in-Progress - WIP - (limited to 4 double- column pages, including oral or poster presentation)
Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in PDF format, according to the instructions published in the conference web site. Both kind of papers will follow a peer review process to decide acceptance. All the accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and regular papers presented at the conference will be also submitted to IEEE Digital Xplore.
For contributions please refer to Paper Submission guideline.
Best Paper Awards
Best papers will be awarded during the conference.
Recommendation for authors to send technically extended version of conference papers to IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement (TIM)
It is possible to submit technically extended versions of in-situ presented IPIN2017 conference papers to TIM as a regular issue paper.
It is important to note that all submissions shall be within the SCOPE of TIM (please see http://ieee-ims.org/publications/scope-transactions). Submissions will follow a standard peer review process managed by TIM.
The manuscript must be submitted electronically using the web-based submission system (please, see there instruction for authors). The manuscript must be technically extended beyond the scope of the proceedings paper (in terms of the overall technical content and research results). At the time of submission, the authors must upload a separate file to explain how the paper is a technically extended version of the proceedings paper. The proceedings paper MUST be clearly referred to in the text and listed as one of the references. Finally, a PDF copy of the proceedings paper must be uploaded too.
Deadlines for Paper Submission
|Submission Deadline||Acceptance Notification||Final Manuscript|
|Regular Papers||April 30, 2017 May 15, 2017||June 10, 2017||June 30, 2017|
|Work-In-Progress||June 16, 2017||July 6, 2017||July 16, 2017|
The submissions shall be prior to the midnight (24:00) of the dates
according to AoE time which is 12 hours behind GMT.
During the conference, other activities are being organized including Keynote Conferences, Competitions & Exhibitions, Industry Panel and Tutorials.
Please, visit this page for more information.