- 29/Jun/2017 - We are negotiationg WiP papers to be archived in IEEE Xplore database.
- 28/Jun/2017 - Preliminary Keynotes and Special Sessions announced in program page.
- 26/Jun/2017 - Work-In-Progress WiP submission deadline is extended to 30 Jun July 7.
- 21/Jun/2017 - Dates for competiton tracks 1&2 are changed.
- 23/May/2017 - Announcement of a tutorial Pedestrian Dead-Reckoning (PDR) in Workshops/Tutorials page.
- 23/Apr/2017 - For those who need visa application.
Welcome to IPIN 2017
Recent information technologies including Internet of Things, big data and smartphones have accelerated connections between virtual and real worlds. One challenging and fundamental issue to be investigated in this cyber-physical society is related to technologies for locating persons, devices or items of interest. The International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN 2017) aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss innovative positioning technologies, emerging location-based applications and services. The IPIN conference was launched in 2010 in Zurich, Switzerland. In 2017 the conference will come to Japan for the first time and be held in Sapporo, one of the most attractive sightseeing cities.