- 18/Aug/2017 - For presenting authors --- Notes on presentation formats.
- 03/Aug/2017 - Tutorial PDR seats sold out and closed. Thank you.
- 03/Aug/2017 - New workshop APIPIN (Asia-Pacific IPIN) is announced.
- 05/July/2017 - Our policies for accepted IPIN2017 papers (re-posting).
- 28/Jun/2017 - Preliminary Keynotes and Special Sessions announced in program page.
- 26/Jun/2017 - Work-In-Progress WiP submission deadline is extended to 30 Jun July 7.
- 21/Jun/2017 - Dates for competiton tracks 1&2 are changed.
Welcome to IPIN 2017
Recent information technologies including Internet of Things, big data and smartphones have accelerated connections between virtual and real worlds. One challenging and fundamental issue to be investigated in this cyber-physical society is related to technologies for locating persons, devices or items of interest. The International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN 2017) aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss innovative positioning technologies, emerging location-based applications and services. The IPIN conference was launched in 2010 in Zurich, Switzerland. In 2017 the conference will come to Japan for the first time and be held in Sapporo, one of the most attractive sightseeing cities.
We encourage organizations / companies to exhibit on IPIN2017 Sapporo.
Our policy for official paper acceptance
ATTN! for final adoptions as 2017 IPIN papers (regular papers, posters and Work-in-Progress papers) authors must conform the following conditions by the date of paper presentation.
- For each paper at least one of the authors must register him/herself with a full registration fee. For details see Registration.
- For each paper a proper presenter must come to the conference for the presentation. See Cautions in Call for papers for details.
April 30, 2017
May 15, 2017
June 10, 2017
June 22, 2017
June 30, 2017
July 12, 2017
June 16, 2017
June 30, 2017
July 7, 2017
July 6, 2017
July 19, 2017
July 16, 2017
July 29, 2017
The submissions shall be prior to the midnight (24:00) of the dates
according to AoE time which is 12 hours behind GMT.
Open until August 31, 2017, 03:00 AoE.
(Earlybird Registration until
Aug. 3, 2017, 03:00 AoE.)
April 30, 2017 AoE
Technical Descriptions: July 15, 2017
Paper Submission: July 30, 2017
Competition Tr.1&2: Sept 17, 2017 JST
|September 18 (Mon)
|September 19 (Tue)
||Main conference - 1st date
|September 20 (Wed)
||Main conference - 2nd date
|September 21 (Thu)
|Main conference - 3rd date